Re: Rancho 3" Kit

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 07:24:19 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2004, at 19:38, Bill Pitz wrote:
>
>> I was talking with the guy at the shop today and he recently
>> installed the 3" kit on a 2000 Durango along with some 32s. He said
>> that he had to do a lot of trimming in order to get it to fully clear
>> the 32s. Any idea if this would also be the case for the Dakota? I
>> seem to remember reading somewhere (probably on one of the forum
>> sites) that people are running the 3" lift and clearing 33s.
>

> a 3" lift to barely clear 32s? ha!
> my tires are 31.5" and clear fine. Adam ran 32x11.5s (that's my spare
> - same height). neither truck lifted, and I know I haven't trimmed
> anything yet (though I might need to take a bit off the plastic in
> front to not rub at full stuff when turned).

Just a guess here, but I have noticed that Durangos sit lower than
Dakotas do from the factory, presumably to make it easier for the soccer
moms to get in and out. Go park next to one and you'll see what I
mean. From what I've seen, it's at least an inch difference. So I'm
guessing that adding 3" to a stock Durango won't make it as high as
adding the same amount to a Dakota. Unless the Rancho kit is the kind
that's supposed to raise both models to the same height, effectively
adding 3" to a Dak or 4" to a Durango. I'm not sure how it's set up.