ATF+4 an alternative

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 13:17:07 EST

I was picking up some new u-bolts at NAPA this morning to finish up the rear
end swap on my Barracuda and remembered I needed a tranny filter for the
Dakota. As you would expect they tried to sell me ATF but I said mopar
recomends that I use ATF+4 in my transmission and that I have not found a
source other than the dealer.

He pulled out a tech bulliten from Valvoline stating that their MaxLife ATF
meets Chrsylers ATF+4 specs (the bottle only stated it met Chrysler specs). I
paid $4.99/qt for the Mopar ATF+4 at the dealer, the Valvoline Maxlife is
$2.79/qt at NAPA.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4