Re: Toronto's Performance World

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 20:21:44 EST

Bob Tom wrote:

> Do you want to lunch at Walt's or a place in Burlington?

Well, since I posted my previous message, we got a new appointment and
now have to be at the vet's for 12:40 that day. We'd be willing to meet
at Walt's, but it would take us some time to get there. However, since
you have to come back to Burlington anyway, and Jon (and possibly Ed?)
have to come through here to get home, it would be easier for us to meet
in Burlington. Our vet is literally right next to Jack Astor's,
although we'd have to run the kitty home first (don't think they serve
cat food at the restaurant :-).

> Has the ice on your driveway melted :-P

Some of it. Today's weather helped. There's a clear foot path to get
to the door.

> Crank it up !!! Do you think that I could borrow or rent a couple for
> copying if I see any of interest :-)

No problem. If you figure out how to copy a DVD, let me know. There
seems to be some copy protection scheme on them. I tried editing some
stuff from DVD to VHS tape (relax, it's for PERSONAL USE!!!) and as soon
as I hit 'record' on the VCR the image quality went straight out the
window. I just chalked it up to 'fascist Hollywood corporate raiders
and their pit bull lawyers' and forgot about the idea.

Lawer proofing: as I know this list is publicly archived, I'll state for
the record that I'm assuming that Bob only wants to make temporary
copies so he can evaluate at his leisure whether he wants to buy his own
legal copy of the DVD or erase the temporary copy. I certainly would
never support someone undermining the Canadian way of life by (shudder)
making illegal copies of movies. That would definitely lead to the
collapse of society as we know it! At least that's what the progaganda
from the RIAA and MPAA tells me to think.

<ahem> sorry for the rant, we now return you to your regularly scheduled
list traffic...