Re: RE: Brake time

From: BARRY OLIVER (dhspa58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 14:43:34 EST

Ok, JCW offers 2 different (high end) pads, a titanium(?) and a ceramic. They want $75 for a set of the ceramics. That seems much better than the $109 I was quoted at autozone.. How much are those hawk pads and where can one find them?

                              -Barry
MCP, A+, Network+, Server+
===============================
Efficiency is doing things right.
Effectiveness is doing the right things.
Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.
===============================
Contact Info:
217-899-6105 Cell 217-467-8673 Page
217-558-6000 Desk barryoliver@novanis.com
Username: barrysuperhawk
on AIM, Yahoo, MSN and AT&T IM clients
>>> barnesrv@comcast.net 03/01/04 13:14 PM >>>

Interesting timing Barry, I have the Power Slots on my 98 5.2 2WD, and had
the Hawk pads when I first got the rotors. The Hawks stopped much better
than stock, but wore out after about 30k miles and I switched to the
Raybestos Plus PG pads, but after about 20k miles, I have warped my Power
Slots as I feel a pulse and it hops around under braking. The Raybestos did
seem to stop better than the Hawks though, so I was pleased with that. I
have not had any incident where I really jammed on my brakes to have
overheated the rotors and always carefully torque my wheels on, but I now
need to have the rotors turned and new pads. I think I may try those Green
pads that someone mentioned on the DML. I am also going to replace my
calipers and may look for stainless lines as well.
I welcome any thoughts along with Barry.

Rascal