Re: Oil pan removal??

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 19:21:19 EST

On Mar 1, 2004, at 14:30, mike kulczycki wrote:

> Anyone ever drop their pan while the engine's in the truck?? The
> front of my 94 is starting to leak a little. It is kind of annoying.
> After 137k miles it finally started... Any tips for this job??

I can't give you any real info, but I've read that if you want to get
the pan out whole without pulling the engine, you've got to pull the
front axle on a 4x4. not sure if anything that invasive is needed on a
two wheeler...

I also don't know if you can drop it far enough to replace the gasket
without moving large parts out of the way.

I do recall some time ago on dodgedakotas.com that someone was
replacing their pan, but wanted to pull it before they pulled the
engine for some reason, and had a hard time doing it even after they
chopped it into pieces.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
84 RamCharger 360 (parked)         98 Dakota CC 318 (Fixed!)