Re: NV3500 (was) My 408 Dak Is Getting There....

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 23:31:06 EST

Awsome turck. I've got a couple questions. Is that the original NV3500
behind the new 408? I just blew up mine yesturday. I managed to limp home
on the freeway as 4th still seems to work fine. Next question on the trans.
If that isn't the original, did it work when it was pulled, and if so, would
you concider selling it. If that is the original, is it rebuilt / beafed up
any to handle the increased output? I'm looking into options for a new
tranny now :(

Also, what is the paint code for the color blue? I've got a 94 cc with the
v8 as well and I was trying to decide if the color was the same in 95.

Anyone else out there got a good NV3500 they'd like to part with? Or
recomendations on where to buy?
I've located one at phoenix hard parts that's just under a grand + core.
Anyone ever used them before? Can I do better than a 6 month waranty?
http://www.phoenixhardparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code
=PRT&Category_Code=CMT1

David Henry
94 CC Sport 4x4, 318, Lifted with 33" BFG MT's, 2 speed tranny (If I count
reverse) - ok, 1st - 3rd do work, but if wails like a banshee and vibrates
pretty bad :(