Re: Gen II & 16

From: Quintin (sauerquint@gci.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 13:18:50 EST

""Jason Bleazard"" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote in message
news:43476.199.64.0.252.1078250118.squirrel@199.64.0.252...
:
: nuwave88@hotmail.com said:
: >
: > Need some info guys. I have a 1993 4x4 V6 which came with the 235/75R15
: > option.
: > I recently received 4 new FREE BFG AT/KO's but, they are P265/75R16. I
: > know that a 31x10.5 R15 will fit this vehicle no prob.
:
: Do you have personal experience? I use 31x9.50 Swampers for off-roading

I think he's posting here, to get the benefit of some folks who might have
personal experience. Aren't the swampers way over sized for their stated
measurements? If you wouldn't mind measuring them, it shouldn't take long,
and I would like to have information personally. Are you running any kind of
lift, or is still the stock suspension?

: with my '95, and there isn't a whole lot of clearance left. I haven't
: measured the Swampers to get actual dimensions, though (they're actually
: skinnier than the 235s).
:
: I've heard conflicting reports on running 31s on a gen II. Some people
: say it works no problem, some say they rub some.
:
: > Any reccomendations
: > for a 16" wheel that fits a Gen II?
:
: How about the OEM factory wheels available from 2001 - 2004? 16x8" was
: the size with the upgraded tire & wheel package. These come up on eBay
: from time to time from people who have gone to 17" or larger wheels. Just
: a thought.
:
: --
: Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Burlington, Ontario
: his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
: hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black
: