Re: Gen II & 16

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 16:11:42 EST

Quintin said:

> : > I know that a 31x10.5 R15 will fit this vehicle no prob.
> :
> : Do you have personal experience? I use 31x9.50 Swampers for off-roading
>
> I think he's posting here, to get the benefit of some folks who might have
> personal experience.

That's what I thought, but I just wanted to clarify what he meant by "I
know that a 31 will fit..." Thought maybe he'd been able to make it work
himself.

> Aren't the swampers way over sized for their stated
> measurements?

Well, they're supposed to be 31x9.50, and they're much *less* than 9.5"
wide. At least on the 6" wide rims I'm using. The height appeared to be
approximately the same as the stock 31x10.50 when we had them mounted on
our '98 (in other words I couldn't tell any difference by looking).

> If you wouldn't mind measuring them, it shouldn't take long,
> and I would like to have information personally.

The tires are locked up in the storage shed. I should be able to get out
there on the weekend. I've also got a side-by-side comparison picture
with a 235/75R15 tire. I could post that tonight if you'd be interested
to see it.

> Are you running any kind of
> lift, or is still the stock suspension?

Stock, although the front end seems to sit higher than other '95s I've
seen. My theory is because it's so light (V6 5-speed with no A/C) that
the torsion bars haven't settled as much over time. That, or the previous
owner cranked them up a bit.