Re: Electric Fans

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 17:35:01 EST

Travis Bailey wrote:

> I'm wanting to switch to an electric fan when I put the body lift on,
> and am just curious what other guys are running as far as brands, cfm
> ratings and what not. I'm currently looking closely at a Derale brand
> dual setup rated at 4000 cfm and would almost completely cover the core
> surface going by my rough measurements. Not exactly cheap at $200 but I
> don't want something that will only do an okay job of keeping things
> cool. Any input appreciated..

Short & sweet - get the biggest fan you possibly can, preferably a
dual-fan setup which will cover more of the radiator's surface area.
BM150 doesn't cut it on a Gen3 (might have a slim chance on a Gen2).
The Viper fan (as in what comes in a Dodge Viper) has gotten good reviews.

Oh, and wire up a killswitch for it. Electric fan means plastic blades,
and when plastic blades meet meet water, it's not a happy ending. Or,
er...uh....that's what I hear anyway :) Yes, even if you don't plan on
4 wheeling with it, it'll only add a few minutes to your install time.