bad news and good news

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 21:25:15 EST

Well, today was a day that brought good news and bad news.

The bad news is that there really was a leak where I was noticing fluid at
the front of the engine. Turns out one of the seals in the power steering
rack was shot, so it was leaking PS fluid. That had to be replaced... ouch.

The good news, however, is that my ball joints are still in good shape
(minor wear, but still far from needing to be replaced). In addition, I
got my oil analysis results back from Blackstone for the oil change I did
two weekends ago. Everything's still looking great there, which combined
with the ball joint news makes me feel a lot better.

-Bill