Re: Introducing Mr. Clutch...

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 21:02:11 EST

andy levy wrote:

> Really, practice is the best thing. Just keep encouraging her - it's
> really easy to get pissed & frustrated when you're stalling out every
> other attempt. Make sure she understands that everyone has trouble for
> a while when they're getting started, it's normal and she's not
> "unteachable." She *will* get it with a little practice.
>
> And don't ever, ever, *ever* let Tom ask her if she's stalled lately. :)
>
> - --
> - -andy

Ohhh ohhh ohhhh Soooooooo tempting... should I? Naaaaa

Its not that hard to learn... I got a half hour experiance driving my
buddys 87 Nissan 300Z, I did get a sizeable amount of chatter on my
first couple take offs, but DID NOT stall it out! *cackle* I can shift
and handle it when in motion - but take offs require a little more work
to get down pat. You need to learn to "feel" the clutch grabbing via the
pedel. Its not a light switch style thing - clutch in or out - take
offs require a "squeeze" kind of approach.