Re: Slightly OT: DaimlerChrysler being sued

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 01:37:19 EST

At 09:17 PM 3/3/2004, you wrote:
>The whole situation would be hilarious if it wasn't sucking so many
>resources from the legal system. IBM probably could have settled the
>whole thing out of court, but they want to lay the smack down on SCO.

And I hope they do.

What it boils down to is that SCO operates on a "dinosaur" model and is
having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that something that's
"FREE!!!!!" is taking over what used to be their market. I hope that they
lose all of these suits and that IBM, Autozone, and DC all file their own
suits against SCO for all of the legal costs and wasted time. Not to
mention the negative publicity.

We obviously know that the combination of the legal resources of IBM and DC
will be enough to beat the snot out of SCO. Not to mention that they will
be hard pressed to find a judge who isn't immediately biased in favor of
Linux and the cute penguin :-)

-Bill