Re: All this trans talk has gotten me thinking.....

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 19:37:59 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Of course, in my case, since I'm mechanically inept, I also had to figure
> in costs of finding someone to help me with the work, and also a rental
> car to drive to work while it was in process. That part probably doesn't
> apply to you, but it's worth keeping in mind that you can always change
> the entire truck and save a lot of hassle. Just a thought.

Sometimes I wish that I could change the entire truck. I'm not really
all that gung-ho about swapping a manual trans in, it was just thinking
aloud for the most part. My issue is that this will be my second trans
in 60k miles and i'd like there to not be a third. I'm currently
looking into having it built by a shop locally here, but again I'm still
in the same pricerange even if I take it out and bring it to them.

Maybe I can convince my uncle to learn how to do dodge transmissions and
get him away from those chevys.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L