Re: Untitled

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 11:23:33 EST

""BARRY OLIVER"" <dhspa58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote in message

> Well, as Mike snoozes peacefully on a Cot in my front room, I need to
> report to the list that Anne and Mike survived a Lunch meeting with Josh
> [of OMG-STFU fame] in Chicago, and then successfully managed to navigate
> [GPS assisted] the rigors and travails of flatland Illinois to arrive at
> my doorstep [actually a local pizza shop]. I guess, not only was Josh
> late, to their lunch date, he was not a proper host and didn't make sure
> they were properly provisioned and thusly they arrived utterly famished
> and on the very doorstep of starvation. After consuming more pizza than
> is normally allowed in a small midwestern town, we retired to my humble
> abode, where I regailed them with stories of my geek-erly prowese 'till
> the wee hours of this morning [ok, not so wee, actually]. Now he is
> slumbering peacefully on a [formerly] Army Issue Cot. Anne, was up,
> shortly after I got up, and is her normal, bubbly, goofy self.....
> Mike's Truck also made it here without a hitch [er, well, I think the
> hitch is actually still attached, but, well, uh, anyway..] Eventually,
> if Sir Michael can ever motivate his dead a$$ up, he wants to muck with
> his driveshaft some more, but then, that's all him.... Supposedly they
> are going to be on the road by noon or 1300 [ bull- cough, Mike will
> still be in bed, then....] I'll post more if it's warranted...

Hey, we met up at a restaurant! I wasn't hungry so all I had was a
chocolate shake, Mike and Anne could have certainly eaten something if they
liked. I figured that they weren't hungry.

I Also tried my best to be on time to the meeting, I'm usually pretty
punctual like that but was caught up at work as I was trying to leave and
then stuck in construction traffic. Glad they were able to make it to the
sticks to meet up with you and the trip was uneventful.

On a side note, the first time I clicked on reply I was all set to send a
nice quip your way, but instead I received a BSOD and subsequentially my
train of thought left me waiting at the station while my PC rebooted. (just
in case you weren't sure, win98 = DIE)

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L