power door lock question

From: Adam Spellman (ASpellman@Newshour.org)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 12:48:13 EST

I just replaced the passenger side front door lock after it fried out.
The dak is a 00 quadcab. What a pain is all I can say - not much room in
the panel to work with. even tho I got everything connected, I can't use
the outside door handle to open the door. Everything else works and I
triple checked the connections. Is there something I need to do to reset
the lock, or am I playing with a defective lock? Thanx in advance, adam