Re: MP PCM Interchangability

From: TJ Goettner (dakota52318@toad.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 00:53:06 EST

Actually, they do. 1-3rd is hydraulically controlled by the valvebody, OD
is controlled by the PCM, it uses a mag pickup on the tailshaft/speedo
housing to see how fast the truck is going, and shifts into OD at 42 MPH, I
think it is, by way of an electric solenoid. Thats how the 46RH is in my
1992 Dakota, dont know what year they started that either, might have been
with the start of the magnum motors in 92.

TJ
dakota52318@toad.net
http://forums.atvconnection.com/Photos.cfm?ID=2972
1992 Dodge Dakota 4X4