RE: MP PCM Interchangability

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 00:45:55 EST

>Subject: Re: DML: MP PCM Interchangability
>
>Actually, they do. 1-3rd is hydraulically controlled by the valvebody, OD
>is controlled by the PCM, it uses a mag pickup on the tailshaft/speedo
>housing to see how fast the truck is going, and shifts into OD at 42 MPH, I
>think it is, by way of an electric solenoid. Thats how the 46RH is in my
>1992 Dakota, dont know what year they started that either, might have been
>with the start of the magnum motors in 92.

My OD won't hit until 44 or 45, what I think is lockup will engauge anytime
over 25 with very light throttle. I've got a Trans-Go kit in, not sure if
that makes a difference. None the less, I can't wait until this thing
grenades so I can drop in a 5 speed, lol. In that case would the engine
still function fine without an automatic behind it? Looking (hopefully)
way, way ahead now but just a hypothetical question..

Travis

Find things fast with the new MSN Toolbar – includes FREE pop-up blocking!