Re: Brake Time revisited.

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 15:35:35 EST

>>> DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us 03/10/04 12:05PM >>>

Ok, here's a recap:.....my project over lunch is to hit the local
places and see what's available here. JCW wants $257.24 for their
drilled and slotted Rotors, and "satisfied" ceramic pads, so that's my
benchmark. I need to stop F'ing around and get this fixed....

Well, I called and drove. I ended up at the busiest autozone in the
free world, and after having to conscript one of their computers to look
up my own parts, print the list and circle the ones I wanted with a
sharpie, here's what I got:

2 Valucraft rotors at $26 each
Morse Ceramic pads $54.99

For the Rotors, I had my choice between Valucraft (chinese) and Aimco
(canadian) for $14 more. I looked at both of them and [gasp] the
chinese ones actually looked better. I guess I'll see how they
perform.

The Morse Ceramic pads I bought looked JUST LIKE the Raybestos ceramic
pads, down to the paint, and were 40% of the price, with a 2 year
warranty (instead of a year for the Raybestos ones.) I guess I'll see
how they perform, too.

Well, I guess I know what I am doing tonight...

                              -Barry
MCP, A+, Network+, Server+
Efficiency is doing things right.
Effectiveness is doing the right things.
Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.
Contact Info:
217-899-6105 Cell 217-467-8673 Page
217-558-6000 Desk barryoliver@novanis.com
Username: barrysuperhawk