UPDATE - Front End Repair

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 11:34:30 EST

  Thanks to all those who replied to my front end repairs question. If
you'll remember, the local tire dealer (Big-O) informed me after getting a
set of tires put on my truck, that they couldn't align it due to wear in the
front end parts. The parts they listed as needing to be replaced included
lower ball joints, inner tie rods, pitman arm and the idler arm....to the
tune of $902.
  I had a local repair shop that has done work for me in the past look at
the truck today. They told me that the idler arm was indeed a little loose
and could be replaced for $150 or so. However, the other parts in the front
end were as good as new and they couldn't find any reason to replace them.
He even told me that if I felt happy with the way the truck steered/handled,
I could hold off on fixing the idler arm.
  Lesson for the day: Always get a second opinion if you think something
sounds funny.
Thanks.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6

On another note, I had them check the fuel pressure while it was there since
the truck has been hard to start for a little while. He said they thought
the fuel pump was going bad and should be replaced. I think I'll try the
repair on my own....it'll fix my gas gauge as well that hasn't worked for
90,000 miles. Another email to come on this subject.

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/