Re: subwoofer

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 03:11:12 EST

At 02:33 PM 3/12/2004, you wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 04:55:28 +0000, Jetski _
><cantgofastenough@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>hey all. a friend of mine bought a new jeep rubicon and i was checkin it
>>out. it was pretty nice, i noticed that the headunit is the same as mine
>>which isnt really much of a surprise, my dakota is a 2003, but the
>>rubicon has a stock subwoofer mounted in the center console, which means
>>there must be a way to hook it into the stereo. if anyone knows if you
>>actually can buy one from dodge and put it on a dakota headunit or where
>>i could find out please let me know. i'd like to keep my stock headunit
>>but add a little bass and this would be just the thing
>
>Most amplifiers will have high level inputs which allow you to use the
>speaker outputs of the radio. So that makes it easy to do with a stock radio.
>
>--
>-Droo
>
>http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota

Given the inflated price tag of the Rubicon, I wouldn't be surprised if
they just used a beefed up Infinity amp that's got a 5th output channel to
drive the sub. That'd be cake to do and the cost would be relatively low
(and easily covered by the money they're making on those things...)

That's not to say that I wouldn't take a Rubicon if it were given to
me. But I think I could build a nice Jeep from a standard model for less
money and it'd be exactly what I want. :-)

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com> - Penngrove, CA  USA
2000 Dakota CC SLT+ 4x4 4.7L 3.92LSD