Re: update - heater core

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 11:45:28 EST

At 06:38 AM 3/13/2004, you wrote:

>Well, I picked up the truck this morning and it was nice to be back in my
>own vehicle. The total for the whole thing (heater core and fixing a loose
>bed mount) was $621 and change. As I was reviewing the bill while walking
>out, I noticed that they took 15% off the parts and another 15% off of the
>labor! The heater core job alone was over $650, with a total right around
>$700. I was amazed, they took $80 off of my bill.

That's always good. The dealer that I *used* to go to (before they sold
out to a massive chain of dealerships who changed everything) gave a 15%
discount on parts anytime they were connected to your service. And if you
bought parts on your own, you'd always get at least 10% (but usually 15%)
off. *sigh* Those were the days.

>I noticed that they shampooed the carpet to get any coolant out of it, as
>well as cleaning my rubber floormat. I'm not so sure I like the scent of
>the carpet shampoo, but it's definately better than the coolant smell. ;-)
>
>Boy, it's sure nice to be back in my own vehicle.

I know the feeling. It especially is nice after you've been without it
because there was a problem.

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com> - Penngrove, CA  USA