Re: More Tire Talk

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 20:24:34 EST

Bill Pitz wrote:

> I've been really happy with my BFG AT's. Likewise, I've heard nothing
> but praise for the Dueler AT Revos. I will be considering both and
> thinking long and hard about it before I buy my next set of tires.
> (Fortunately, that's going to be a while still..)
>
> Anyway, if I were in your shoes, I'd be thinking more about the rims.
> If you like your current 17" rims (I'm sure that size looks nice...),
> then go with what fits on those rims. If you find something in 16" that
> you like a lot, then get those and go with the Duelers.
>
> IMHO, your tire choices are narrowed down to two of the very best
> general all terrain tires around.
>
> That wasn't really much help, was it? ;)
>
> -Bill

Actually yeah that was LOL

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/orat.jsp

Duelers were rated as the 1st place AT tire on tirerack.com, with only a
modest 3 million+ miles of reported use compared to the competition.
BFG ATs rank 3rd. Oddly enough the 2nd place tire is one I have never
heard of with a strikingly low amount of reported miles. Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T
with only 241K reported miles. Anyone heard of them before?

"Why don't you ask me what it feels like to be a freak?"