Re: More Tire Talk

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 21:09:45 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Terrible Tom wrote:
>
>> Well I have finally boiled down my options for replacement tires for
>> the Ram and here is what I have come up with. Keep the stock 17
>> wheels and go with BFG AT's in 315/70R17 ... for a cost of $154 per
>> tire - or - pick up a set of 16 inch wheels and go with Bridgestone
>> Dueler AT Revo's in 285/75R16D sneaker size - for a cost of $155 per
>> tire + cost of the rims. (tire prices are from tirerack.com) Tirerack
>> lists a 285/70/17 BFG AT - but at $182 a tire ==:O Bigger is
>> cheaper? LOL
>

> Remind me... what's your stock (or current) size? Just curious how much
> you're thinking of upgrading.

275/70/17 current stock size, Jason. Only company that makes that
oddball size is Badyear. Roughly 32x10.5x17 - however Mike pointed out
to me when he was here - that tire sizes fluctuate greatly, between
manufacturers. A BFG 33x12.5x15 will probably differ from a Bridgestone
os the same size. Not to mention that most tires never are close to
being their "marked size". Its pretty aggrivating.

"Why don't you ask me what it feels like to be a freak?"