RE: alloy rim and spare winch?

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 17:07:31 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: On Behalf Of jherrman@suscom-maine.net
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 11:30 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: alloy rim and spare winch?

<If not, I'll probably try one of those fix-a-flat cans, unless there's
some reason why I shouldn't. >

The first thing to do with the fix-a-flat is determine if the propellant
or any of the sealing ingredients are flammable. I have heard stories,
possibly apocryphal, of tires sealed this way exploding on tire repair
machines when the time came for a permanent repair. The story goes that
when the tool rolled the bead off the rim, a small spark occurred and
all of the material in the tire exploded. Tire repair people definitely
appreciate being notified if they are breaking down a tire that has any
fix-a-flat material in it.