My ex-wife's Dak....ITs Broken!!!!!!

From: \ (dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 18:56:15 EST

Ok,my ex-wife & daughter are in Chicago this
weekend(Speedo Swimming Regionals)..

Anyway,she drives my dad's(deceased)2000 Dakota Quad
Cab.3.9 V6 w/42RE.

She called to say,that the truck backed up(in the
hotel parking lot),she put it in drive.There was a
hell of a noise & grinding,and it would go in any
range,in fact,it locked up totally.

She is out of the 3/36 warranty(she has 48,000 miles
on it),and the truck is enroute from Chicago,being
towed of course.The truck has had 2 tranny f&f changes
in the 48,000 miles.I have a friend of the "dealer"
who should give my ex-a real good break in the repair
cost,but at 48,000 miles on the truck...jeeze.

I have 88,000 on my truck(the same type/equip),but i
change my f&f every 14,000-16,000 miles...

SHe wants to know what happened for it to do what it
did,and i'd like to know too.

Anyone else with $@RE problems.step forward..

David & Judy Digney
McFarland,Wi
--- Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

> Hey everybody!
> I'm back in rochester safe and sound, uneventfully
> just as it should
> be. unlike getting into canada, I picked the right
> lane at the boarder
> and we zipped through instantly (as opposed to
> spending 10 minutes at
> the gate and then being sent over to have the truck
> torn apart....
> though they couldn't have done a more superficial
> job of that)
>
> all driveline vibes are gone after giving $100 to a
> 4x4 shop in MN
> (Hooze 4x4) and having a spicer joint put in instead
> of the no-name
> (PDQ) that advance auto sold me.
>
> I've got pictures of Tom's new Ram that I'll link to
> as soon as they're
> done synching up to my server, and quite a few
> Niagra Falls pictures,
> too =)
> --
> Mike Maskalans
> <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
> 84 RamCharger 360 (parked) 98 Dakota CC 318
> (Fixed!)
> mobile.612.618.4652 campus.585.274.2246
> fax.360.364.3930

=====