Re: Towing question...

From: Russ Borman (xjruss@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 10:29:07 EST

It cost me $1350 to have 4.10s put in my '99 4x4. I lost about 1 mpg also.
The gear change certainly helped, but towing my 5000lb+ trailer was a lot
more work than I had hoped it would be... so I handed the Dakota down to my
Dad and bought myself a (used) Cummins! More power, better mileage, and a
lower payment. It was a win-win-win situation.

When the time comes to start towing with your Dak, I highly recommend a
tranny gauge if you don't already have one.

Russ