Re: Shock recomendations

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 10:50:36 EST

On Mar 16, 2004, at 08:42, andy levy wrote:

> I had the RS5000s on my '99 and they are *stiff*.

interestingly, the cheapass shocks Barry has (I don't remember what
they are) are far, far, far stiffer than my Rancho 9000s on their
stiffest setting. but I've been thinking they've softened up a lot
more than they should have since I put them on this summer.... I used
to be happy with them around 3/4, and now I run them at 5/7
(front/rear), and I used to loose the fillings I don't have at 9, but
now 9 just seems a bit stiff, not like the truck is riding on solid
rubber pucks....

> My girlfriend (now fiancee)

bwahahahah!! ;-)

> Bob Smith has the Pro Comp 9000s snap 4 of his lower mounting bolts in
> the front of the DAKSY. Haven't heard anything similar on pre-2000s.

make sure your bolts are tight, too - I had one back out after I put my
shocks on, and I lost it. don't hesitate to put on the red locktite.

> I put a set of Edelbrock IAS shocks on my '03 QC back in the fall and
> I've been very happy with them. But, they're a bit pricier than your
> budget above.

aside from the seeming softening, I couldn't be happier with my 9000s
and remote setupd, but they're *way* over your apparent budget.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
84 RamCharger 360 (parked)         98 Dakota CC 318 (Fixed!)