Re: Brake (broken) time (fixed)

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 11:26:54 EST

""BARRY OLIVER"" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote in message

> *side notes:* The "Lisle" brand 3/8" metric hex socket set *does*
> contain the elusive 7mm hex bit that is otherwise absent from most sets.
> The "Great Neck" (autozone tool brand) 7mm hex bit is about 5mm longer
> than either the Lisle or the Craftsman bits.

I was pretty dissapointed to find that a 7mm hex isn't that common. $5 at
sears cleared that up for me though.

> Called Josh. Josh is a good friend, he took time out of his busy
> afternoon to try to assist me. He was absolutely hammered and was
> having, er, speech issues, but he tried to help.. "dude, they sould
> just come off" Yeah right. Thusly fortified with that knowledge, I

Dude, sorry. It was the day of the south side irish parade, I was hammered
before noon. I was pretty amazed that I heard the phone at 4:30 when you
called. It wasn't just speech issues I was having either, I was having
issues with just about everything.

> went back to pounding, only with more zeal. One thing I have not
> mentioned is the growing pile of shit that is falling off of my truck
> with every blow. Rocks, mud, small animals, and rust flakes out of the
> rotors. At this point I have a pile that is about 6 inches around and
> over an inch deep under each rotor of just rust flakes. By this time I

This made me laugh so hard that HOT coffee came out of my nose.

> am pretty pissed off, and with Josh's cruel laughter burning in my
> brain, I don my gloves and earplugs and start up my rhythm again -

I remember no cruel laughter, but then again, I don't remember much about
the happenings on sunday other than i saw lots of "x-rated bits" after
enough girls got drunk and felt saucy enough to show off. So, there could
have been cruel laughter, and for this I apologize.

> I look at my watch, it's been almost 40 minutes since I called Josh.
> Wow. Realizing that I was rapidly burning daylight, i scuttled over to

Meanwhile, I've continued drinking and forgotten about poor Barry's plight
alltogether. I was on a different quest - the search for a vacant bathroom.

I'm glad that everything worked out for you, and I'm sorry I wasn't much
help.

You'll have to let us know how long these ceramic pads last, I might be
talked into switching when it's time. These hawk pads dust like no other.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L