Re: Transmissions

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 10:08:26 EST

""BARRY OLIVER"" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote in message

> I know this subject has been beaten to death, but did we ever actually
> pin down what the difference is? Other than Mopar saying that their
> stuff is the only stuff, and charging a lot for it.. Is it thinner,
> thicker, does it have magic pixie dust in it? More importantly, what's
> the deal with why NO other companies (mobil, Castroil, etc.) have
> managed to copy or reproduce this mystical ATF+4...

I think it's leprechaun dust.

I did a bunch of research on this and the only thing I can come up with is
that the additives are slightly different, and they're now synthetic
additives, making this a longer life fluid. I'm still not sold on the
differences myself.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L