Tailgates..Was...Only 6 Bolts in Bed?

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 08:10:02 EST

This just in from thecarconnection.com.....

GM Recalling Trucks for Tailgate
Corroding tailgate cable have led to a recall of about four million GM
full-size pickups. The 2000-2004 model-year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC
Sierra trucks are being recalled in the wake of 134 complaints that the
trucks' tailgate cables rust and break, leading to body damage. Under heavy
loads, the tailgates may even break. GM says no reports of injuries have
been logged; the repairs will be performed at GM dealerships at no cost.

RayB