Blown Motor

From: Brian Mingle (bsm11@cornell.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 09:54:06 EST

Here's my delema; My truck is in the shop, and they are saying I am in need
of a new motor. However, the extended warranty company isn't going to pay
for it. So, I have been pre-approved by my back to buy a motor for it, they
want to protect their investment. I would very much like to buy a 380hp 360
from Summit, but their tech says The OBD II computer system would have a
fit! What can I do to make this motor work in my truck? Can the computer be
by-passed all together? Also, will this motor bolt in with no problems? I
ask, because, I know there are some guys on this list who upgraded to the
360 crate motor, and I could definitely use some feedback on what it will
take to make the engine swap a success.

If not the 360, I will have to have my 318 rebuilt, but I would like it to
have a little more go power. This does have me wondering what exactly I
will be able to do, and still have the computer in my truck still work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Brian