Re: RE: Gas prices

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 23:49:37 EST

on 3/19/04 2:47 PM, BARRY OLIVER at DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us wrote:

> You still aren't understanding my point. IT'S NOT THE PRICE. IT'S THE
> GARBAGE STORIES THAT ARE PURPORTED AS NEWS TO JUSTTIFY WHAT ESSENTIALLY
> IS PROFITEERING.
It's Economics 101. Don't like the price? Don't spend your money.

Those BS stories are used also to justify 20 cent
> increases on the same day that the price of oil dropped (the day before
> yesterday)

Funny-gas here went up 10 cents the same day.

Show me a map that has Bloomington, Peoria and Springfield,
> Illinois that shows different formulations... I bet you can't. I call.

I did NOT say they did. I said they MAY.
The fact remains different areas of the country, different areas of states,
even counties, can have different formulations. As I said before, here we
must have oxygenated fuel. One county west of me doesn't require it, nor do
they have vapor recovery nozzles. Their prices are lower.
Same thing two counties south of here.
In some areas, like in California, cities mandate what type of fuel is sold.
The more types you have to make, the more it costs to shut down, convert
production, etc, and the more storage tanks and transport tanks you must
have.

Again, simple logic says if demand goes up (it has) and supply goes down (it
has) and refining capacity remains the same or goes down (it has) prices
will go up. Oil is over $38 a barrel right now, and you act as if gas should
be real cheap.

ECONOMICS 101-companies are allowed to charge what ever price they want for
their products. If the customers are willing to pay it, they will charge it.
That is true in all businesses. Why do people get up in arms over oil
companies? People act like gasoline should flow like rivers and be there for
the taking. Yet, they will pay $5 for a six pack of Budweiser. And be happy.

We have a free enterprise syatem. And it works if left alone.

Black Jack. Checkmate.