Re: RE: Blown Speaker?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 11:58:52 EST

""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <fasstdak@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Best bet, make a 1/2" MDF ring spacer and bolt it to the door. Then,
> bolt the speaker to the wood ring and crank it up! :)
>
> - Bernd

¼" masonite works just as well and costs less. Plus, you can buy a 2x4
sheet for about $3 and it'll have enough material on there to do all 4
speakers. We used to do this all the time when I was an installer. All 4
of my speakers are installed this way and I've never had any issues with it.
The only drawback is that since the material is only ¼" thick, I recommend
using a a small ¼-20 nut/bolt combo to hold the speaker in place.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L