Re: Re: It wasnt the transmission...it was the rear end pinion!

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 09:18:05 EST

$1250 sounds awfully high to me.

Ring and Pinion gear sets are about $200 (less if you shop around), bearing
kits are less than $100, if the diff is being replaced too, a limited slip can
be purchased for approximately $300. Four hours labor at $75 is $300. Total
$900. I realize a Detroit Locker will add at least $100 to the price but at
Trac-Lok dif can be had for $100 less too.

Last summer when i rebuilt the 8.25 in my Barracuda it cost me $167 for the
gears and $75 for a master bearing kit from Randy's (didn't need a diff I was
changing ratios).

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4