Underdrive Crank Pulley

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 13:55:13 EST

Ok, I've got an ASP underdrive pulley (and belt) sitting in my closet
waiting to go on and I'm starting to get antsy about getting it on, since
it's getting warmer out now. My question to you is: what's involved?

Looking at the front of the truck and motor, I'd assume that I can go from
underneath and just pull the thing out through the bottom, without having to
remove anything but the belt and pulley. If I'm wrong here, please correct
me. I've heard horror stories of having to remove the clutch fan and all
sorts of other things, but don't really believe them. There's plenty of
clearance between the radiator and the front of the engine (lots of extra
room with the V6). I was actually able to hold the new pulley in there
between the old one and the radiator, with at least 2 inches of play for
lateral movement.

Has anyone on the list done this mod before? I'm always on the lookout for
any tips/tricks. Thanks!

Also, after I've got this thing on, how tight does the fastener need to be
torqued?

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L