Re: RE: Gas prices

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 20:31:20 EST

on 3/22/04 9:49 AM, BARRY OLIVER at DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us wrote:

> I am complaining about oil companies blaming every stupid thing that
> happens or just is, for increases in the price of gas, instead of
> admitting the true motive, profit. I don't care that gas is $1.68, I
> care that it's $1.68 here and $1.48 two towns away, with no legitimate
> reason for the difference other than some nebulous mumbling about the
> possibility of a "different formulation" or some other nonsense. And
> that line about "willing to pay" that's asinine logic.

And, how did you come to the conclusion there was NO legitimate reason? Do
they call you whenever the price is to change and tell you why?

Face it. They can charge what they can, and they don't have to tell us why.
I'm not saying every reason they give us is true, but when a refinery has to
be shut down for maintenance, that puts a strain on an already strained
system that is running almost at full capacity now. And they have done it
with no new facilities, and with the EPA making changes constantly.

If you want the cheaper gas, drive two towns away and get it for 20 cents a
gallon less. It's your choice.

Regards,
Jon
STL MO