RE: Carbon Metallic Pads

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 00:21:27 EST

I've been running Performance Friction pads on my '98 Dak for the past 100K
miles. Yes, they dust a lot, but they definately work better than the stock
pads. I don't mind having a little more clean up to do if the truck performs
better.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip>
While I was swapping the wheels I decided to do my pads and rotors (and
believe me I was happy to find 2 cross threaded caliper pins on the pass.
side in a parking lot on a cold, windy saturday evening..took 2 hours to
track down heli-coils!), I used the Performance Friction carbon metallic
pads, they seem to dust like a mo-fo! Anyone else have the same experience
with these? On the other hand I did try the pad bedding procedure which
involved probably 15 stops from 60-65 of varying intensity, and on fresh cut
rotors, maybe the extra tooth is making them dust...at least it's black and
not red like before. Feels great to stop smoothly for once!
<unsnip>