Re: Fule consumption

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 19:46:18 EST

Hey, Francis!

<snip> Can someone give me an average city driving fule consumption for a 98
 cc v6 3.9 auto<snip>

I guess not, but I can tell you that the 2K 4X4 5SPD DAKSY is getting an
average of 16 with the "\NYS "winter-mix" this time of year, & she's in dire
need of a tune-up!

<snip> With the insane gas prices I am trying to raise my MPG but seem to be
starting off a little on the low side 9.5MPG city. Is this about average
?<snip>

I'd say that's WAAAAAAY below average! My mileage is as stated above & I'm
pretty heavy on the "GO" pedal!
You don't indicate your driving habits or how many miles are on your DAK,
but
I'd be looking at widening the gap in your plugs to, maybe, .045" & maybe
replacing your O2 sensors...

HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY