Re: PA Lift Kit Install

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 01:56:40 EST

On Mar 24, 2004, at 0:22, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Michael Maskalans wrote:

>> I can't say a thing about the steering not having seen a body lifted
>> truck in person.
>> --
>
> You saw a lot of a body lifted truck. You swam inside a body lifted
> truck. You towed a body lifted truck 800 miles.

bwahahahaha!
wow, just a *little* oversight there.... heh.
what I was really thinking is that I've never seen a body lifted gen 3.
  and I also know I never looked at christine's steering setup. hell, I
couldn't even tell you what mine looks like between the steering box
and the column off the top of my head.

<aside>
I've got a loose idler arm and seem to feel a hair of wander at low
speeds. will anyone here be interested in a ~125000 mile '98 5.2 SAS
with 35s in a year or two? tough to justify that for a truck I know
I'll be swapping for a fullsize just about as soon as I can afford
payments.

unless I just SAS the dakota and sell the ramcharger. then I wouldn't
need a Ram so soon.... depends on job prospects!
</aside>

> I havn't been paying attention to this thread - whats going on now?

steering gear binding on a body lifted gen 3 - no details on what the
kit included for steering mods.
I've heard in one ear that the steering shaft needs to be lengthened
and in the other ear that you don't need to do a thing. that was about
the time I decided I'm only going to body lift if I fall into bigger
tires for close to free or if I need to clear major drivetrain
modifications.....

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech