RE: PA Lift Kit Install

From: Michael Steele (msteele@signbiz.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 12:06:54 EST

Mike, if I understand you correctly, yes. The C bolts to the top of the
stock bracket at the top of the frame and the bumper mounts to the top of
the C bracket that was part of the kit.

The S brackets are a part of the kit and from what I can tell from PA lame
instructions & pics it is supposed to attach at the front bottom of the
frame. The holes are there in the frame that line up with the S bracket I
just don't see anything on the bottom of the bumper to attach it to. I
think it is just the difference in model years.

Tom, the steering is binding up a little and causing me to have to jerk the
wheel a little from time to time. This did not occur before the lift was
installed. I don't really think I hear any popping sounds or anything when
it happens, I really just feel it.

There was a steering extension provided with the kit and it went in Ok and
was torqued down to spec (20lbs if I remember correctly). I still have not
heard anything from PA in response to my email I may call them today if I
don't hear from them by noon.

Thanks again everyone.

Michael Steele
2003 4X2 5.9L QuadCab