Re: Gen III Front Calipers

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 10:35:35 EST

BARRY OLIVER wrote:
> Is that a Joke? Like a metric crescent wrench or a quart of blinker
> fluid? I just had my '99's brakes apart and that is wrong, it's not
put
> togeather like that. The bleeder goes down, the hose goes up. How
> would he have enough slack in the brake lines to turn his wheels if
it
> attached on the bottom of the caliper? I think you just got stung by
> secret shopper or something.

>>> SilverEightynine@aol.com 03/22/04 11:57AM >>>

I went out and looked at his truck - his drivers side caliper had the
hose mounted on the caliper as shown below:

----------
| B| <- bleeder at top
| |
| |
| H| <- brake hose at bottom
----------

The calipers he recieved were the opposite. Infact he said "this
caliper would work fine for the passenger side"

First thing that I thought of, was the wrong caliper was shipped in the

  box. We sent back the first one - only to have another one just like

it sent as a replacement.

it makes seems logical to have the bleeder at a higher "elevation" than

the hose - to make sure air gets out... Otherwise wouldnt the air just

become trapped and compressed inside the caliper?

Alright, dammit you are going to make me go look, aren't you.... You
are the second to tell me I am wrong... Ugh.