Re: Re: pros and cons

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 15:27:51 EST

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message
news:c3ve0d$h4l$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> I actually have a can of the stuff on a shelf in the shop.
> I ordered it something like 7 years ago now and never got
> around to using it. :-) I ended up getting some tail
> light covers instead from Mike Clark who got 'em from Jason
> Bleazard who didn't like them on the used '95 he purchased
> way back when. :-)
>
> Anyway, unfortunately since I have never used it, I can't
> tell you how it looks. :-) Maybe one of these days I'll
> actually use it for something - 3rd brake light on the Dak or
> Ram maybe.
>
> Wasn't that helpful? ;-)
>
> --
> -Jon-

OOH, that's a good idea. I'd have never thought about using something like
that on the third brake light. Might look slick on a black truck. The
third brake lights on the rams are nice though...clear lenses and they light
up red. Now that's my kind of taillights.

I actually know someone who had his taillights painted with the body color
of his car (black 03 mustang) and they came out great! He waxes them just
like the rest of the body. They're just about the same brightness at night,
and only slighly dimmer during the daytime. The only drawback is that you
really can't see them illuminate when they're in full sun. :eek:

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L