Re: Welding on computer equipped vehicles?

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 16:50:22 EST

Jay & Dana wrote:

> Is there any truth to the rumor that when welding on a computer controlled
> vehicle such as my 97 Dak that the battery should be disconnected ? I'm
> getting a new muffler welded in tomorrow and was wondering if I should
> disconnect the battery.
>
> Thanks
> ~Jay

I been welding for 25+ yrs and never blew a computer.
"unless" you put the welders ground on the computer
lead wires lol.

the ground should always be as close to the area
being welded as possible and on the same piece.

i.e. exhaust welding would ground to part of the
pipe or a clamp but NOT to the frame.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced