Re: Departure

From: barrydakota@insightbb.com
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 00:26:52 EST

In article <s06437d6.042@mail.dhs.state.il.us>, DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us ("BARRY
OLIVER") writes:

> Short and sweet, I just got let go. This Email address will be
> non-functional after 1500 today, central time. Obviously I won't be
> able to unsubscribe myself, so if someone wouldn't mind helping me out,
> I would appreciate it. To those who are close, I will endeavor to keep
> in touch.
>
> -Barry

  Ok, I guess that wasn't so sweet after all. I don't really know what
happened, because I have gotten vastly conflicting stories. The only thing in
common is that "my services are no longer required." The most plausable
explanation that I can come up with is the rumor that the last time my company
re-bid this contract, they took a deep cut, and thusly had to reduce
"overhead". Once my presence is missed at my former contract, I expect I will
be replaced with a greencard chineese with an american first name and a whole
lot of "paper certs" for about a third of my salary.
  Well, I am niether the first, nor, I am sure, the last that this will happen
to [two of us "got it today], so there's no use belabouring the subject. For
those of you that care about such things, my new DML Email address is:
barrydakota "at" insightbb.com Clever ain't it?? I can also be reached at
barryoliver "at" USA.net I guess that is all for now.