Re: Horn replacement on 2000 Dakota

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 00:42:49 EST

sherman.jennings@verizon.net wrote:
> My horn has stopped working on my 2000 Dakota club cab Sport. It has been
> working intermittently and it finally stopped altogether.
> I would like to replace the stock horns with Fiamms. The stock horns have two
> wires coming out of the wiring harness into each horn, but the Fiamms only
> require one wire to each horn.
> Can someone tell me which wire is the hot wire? Do I have to use both wires or
> can I just tape the end of the unused wire?
> Help.
> sherman.jennings@verizon.net

Get a circuit tester - parts stores sell cheap basic ones - or just rig
two wires to a 12 volt bulb - to use as a tester - find the hot wire -
attach one to a wire and one to a ground - try next (gotta have someone
holding down the horn button to send power to the tires) One is going
to be hot - the other is ground. One wire horns use (typically) a screw
that grounds to the mounting point (metal)

"Why don't you ask me what it feels like to be a freak?"