Re: Rancho shock warranty question

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 08:52:50 EST

The normal process is you will need to either bring the old ones in with you or
purchase new ones and bring the old ones back for a refund.

Also, if they are not leaking you may have some trouble convincing the dealer
they are bad, check first before you pull anything apart (also check to see if
they have replacements in stock).

I had a set of shocks that if you pushed the car hard at all in the corners the
front end would float around. I went back to collect on the guarantee and the
response I got was let me check and they bouncd the front end and declared the
shocks good. No amount of convincing or offering to take them for a ride
mattered. I went home stuck a needle in the seals so they leaked and went down
the road to another store, they were replaced no questions asked because they
were leaking.

Isn't 36k miles kind of a short life expectancy for a shock?

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ Cc 4x4