Re: Ceramic Brake Pads

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 16:07:16 EST

On Apr 3, 2004, at 10:21, Joe Levy wrote:

> But, I'm not alone. A number of the folks in the Durango Owners Club
> have ditched their ceramics in favor of semi-metallics. In defense, a
> number of folks are pleased with the ceramic pads as well. The current
> group favorite are Hawk Pads.

Joe-

Thanks for the real-world info. One thing that surprised me (though it
makes sense considering the materials involved) is the brakes staying
hot for so long - definitely not a good sign in any towing or
mountainous or racing situation. It'll be interesting to see how these
pads hold up in a variety of environments as more people hear of them
and try them out....

Also, either welcome to the list or out of lurk-mode, whichever may be
the case =)

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360