Re: Re: Anyone heard of this?

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 15:41:18 EDT

Bill wrote:

> At $50 a pop I'd say yes, just tear apart a couple good speakers.
> ""Jay & Dana"" <jay&dana@telus.net> wrote in message
>
>>Caught this ad in the newest Hot Rod Magazine, any comments?
>>
>>www.filtermag.com
>>
>>Snake Oil or ?
>>
>>~Jay

I use hard drive magnets on mine as marginally cheap insurance. I
figure it cannot hurt. The next time you crash a hard drive, save it
and take it apart (with a drill if you have to) and pull the magnet out
of it. They are the strongest darn magnets you will ever see. I have
65 k miles on the one on my truck, no band or other attachment required,
just stick it on your filter and go. Most of them are even nickel
plated so you don't even need to paint them. The best part is that if
you cut your filters open, the filter case stays magnetized... -Barry