Re: O2 Simulator (& MegaSquirt)

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@datastar.net)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 21:49:21 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

>(and possibly off-setting the signal to the PCM). You can NOT tap into
>the newer NGC O2 sensor harness as it's not the same voltage anymore
>(2.5v-3.5v instead of 0-1v).

Interesting - sounds like Ma Mopar might finally be moving to the
wide-band O2 sensor which normally sees stoich at or around 2.5v. I'm
also guessing that the 2.5v-3.5v range is deep into the lean region
(like the diy-wb I'm currently running). This would make running the
new Hemi engine off the MegaSquirt just that much easier.

BTW - I showed up at a friends house over the weekend w/a MegaSquirt
unit and a 10-inch connector pigtail. After about 2 hours, we fired up
his 1997 Mustang GT Convertible w/4.6L modular motor under MegaSquirt
control. Even though we had the default Chevy 350 configuration and VE
Tables loaded, it fired up and idled exactly like stock - you literally
could not tell the difference - even revving to 5000rpms! This was also
with the MAF (and rest of the intake tubing) completely unplugged and
left on the floor of his garage. He traded a MSD box for the MegaSquirt
so it was a no-cost install to boot.

I need to get one of my pre-built & tested units into the hands of Jon
(so he will have some real control over that ProJected Cuda) & some of
the serious dragracers on the list. Contact me - I'll even help do the
install if interested.

Did anyone see the Car Craft article?
<http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/116_0403_mega/>

Shane