Re: Leak & a bazillion questions...

From: TJ Goettner (dakota52318@toad.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 17:50:35 EDT

I dont remember if the bypass tube or whichever you are talking about was
oringed or not, I dont think it was. Its pretty straight forward, just
unbolt everything and put it all back. Just make sure you clean the mating
serfaces really well and should about do it really, get yourself a scraper
and or some gasket remover spray. Be carefull not to nick the surface with
the scraper. Go ahead and get that really short bypass 90 deg hose and
replace it while you've got it apart. You could even buy a pressure tester
to make sure that it is coming out of the weep hole of the pump and not just
a leaky hose, like that short 90 deg deal.

TJ
dakota52318@toad.net
1992 Dodge Dakota 4X4
3.90 Gears, Long Bed